Friday, November 2, 2012

Home Sweet Home

 
It is hard to believe that it was only less than a year ago that I was in this country! When I stepped off that airplane it sure did not fell like I had only been here once! Cambodia has stolen my heart. My heart is broken for these people and this country. My senses were immediately drawn back to the sights and smells that have been forever engraved into my soul. To some degree, I felt like I was back home.

We are currently at the Encore Angkor Guesthouse in Siem Reap, Cambodia. I have only seen the beautiful entry and my room. I am watching the staff work so hard to make sure that we are well taken care of and have a nice breakfast before we start our day. After living on an airplane for 24 hours, I am perfectly content to just sit in this entry and take it all in. The owner of the guesthouse has a special intrest in lilies, so I'm sure you can imagine how beautiful it smells.

Today we will do all of our "tourist" activities as we visit the ancient temples of Angkor Wat and then take a small boat to a river market. Even though I am not a history buff, I enjoy seeing how Cambodia's past has affected these people so much. I am thankful that HIS mercies are new every morning and that he has given us all a chance at a fresh start!

I am using these next 10 days to focus on reenergizing and refueling my soul...a fresh start:-) I don't think it's going to take much, for I know that I was given this soft spot for Cambodia for so many reasons. So, I hope you enjoy the special glimpse of my thoughts and heart that you will experience as you follow along this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment