Monday, November 12, 2012

THANKS

I'm sure that you have gathered from my lack of entries that the internet connection was sketchy the last few days of my trip. So now I write from the comfort of my own home as I try to process the past few days. My first thoughts are of thanks. Today, I am especially thankful for my coffee that I don't have to chew. I can get on the internet without any trouble. I can stick my toothbrush under the running water in the sink. I can take a hot shower and the electicity will probably remain on. I can throw my toilet paper into the toilet, not the trash can next to it. I can drive on a smooth paved road and not worry about people weaving in and out around me in all directions. I can easily talk to the cashier at Meijer, there is no language barrier and I don't have to calculate the total into Riel. I can sleep without wondering if there is a spider or some other insect in my room. All of these inconveniences definately create memories. And for me, they are good ones. I never mind the differences in the culture when I am in the midst of it. It is worth in order to connect with the people who stole my heart in January.

As I reflect on the short moments that I spent with them, I hope I was able to reveal to them how proud of them I was. They have made such strides in confidence and skill in such a short time. I hope they sensed how much I care for them. I wanted them to know that they are changing lives in Cambodia as much as we are in the States. I feel incredibly blessed that God has allowed my path to cross with theirs. I don't think anyone can ever fully understand my thoughts, but I hope you have gathered a glimpse of why I have chosen to spend the majority of my time pouring into such an amazing ministry. Luke 12:34 states "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." 

No comments:

Post a Comment