Follow by Email

Monday, November 12, 2012

THANKS

I'm sure that you have gathered from my lack of entries that the internet connection was sketchy the last few days of my trip. So now I write from the comfort of my own home as I try to process the past few days. My first thoughts are of thanks. Today, I am especially thankful for my coffee that I don't have to chew. I can get on the internet without any trouble. I can stick my toothbrush under the running water in the sink. I can take a hot shower and the electicity will probably remain on. I can throw my toilet paper into the toilet, not the trash can next to it. I can drive on a smooth paved road and not worry about people weaving in and out around me in all directions. I can easily talk to the cashier at Meijer, there is no language barrier and I don't have to calculate the total into Riel. I can sleep without wondering if there is a spider or some other insect in my room. All of these inconveniences definately create memories. And for me, they are good ones. I never mind the differences in the culture when I am in the midst of it. It is worth in order to connect with the people who stole my heart in January.

As I reflect on the short moments that I spent with them, I hope I was able to reveal to them how proud of them I was. They have made such strides in confidence and skill in such a short time. I hope they sensed how much I care for them. I wanted them to know that they are changing lives in Cambodia as much as we are in the States. I feel incredibly blessed that God has allowed my path to cross with theirs. I don't think anyone can ever fully understand my thoughts, but I hope you have gathered a glimpse of why I have chosen to spend the majority of my time pouring into such an amazing ministry. Luke 12:34 states "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." 

No comments:

Post a Comment