Saturday, February 8, 2014

Haitian Dance Party

Tonight we went to evening service at Jeanty.  This is the third time I have been there to worship, and I have heard the veterans talk about how rockin it is there.  Up until tonight I had not seen what I thought was “rockin”, but man did they worship with all their hearts this time!  Each song would start slow and soft and gradually start to build until the whole place was dancing with arms raised and shouting praises!  It was awesome!  After the service was over, a young Haitian man came up to me and said, “You dance like a Haitian”!  That is the best compliment I could ever receive.  They have a great drum section that just pounds it with tambourines and a washboard type instrument.  Then a pastor on the trip from North Carolina just nailed the sermon.  It was a great night!
Today was the last real day of clinics.  We only see follow ups tomorrow and any really sick kids.  I saw premature twins today that were less than 4 pounds each!  Both were doing remarkably well and eating fine-amazing considering the resources they have.  Mom delivered on the bus on her way to the hospital!  Babies number 6 and 7.  Things have progressed a lot here over the last 10 years.  The babies are much healthier because the mothers are learning how to feed and take better care of them.  Our favorite patient of the day was a 7 year old girl.  When we asked how we could pray for her, she replied “I want all the people in Haiti to learn to read and write”!  What a great heart at such an early age.  
Tomorrow we get to dedicate the house that Clown Pediatrics donated.  Alyssa and I wrote in the Bible that we will give to them tonight.  The office sent a video that I will show our family.  Please pray that this will be a wonderful blessing for these kids and mom!  I am so lucky to be here to take part in the ceremony.
We were challenged tonight to keep our focus on Jesus all the time, to listen to Him and allow him to make our hearts bigger.  All week we have talked about how all people are the same, they want to be cared about, listened to, and loved, no matter their situation.  I hope we can all take the time to notice people around us and look for opportunities to serve and love others.  I’m telling you, WE can change the WORLD!!!!!
In Him,
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment