Tuesday, February 4, 2014

What do I deserve?



So my office sponsors 2 sets of twins in Haiti.  Jaime and Alyssa and I got to meet them last year and see where they lived.  It was such a blessing to be able to give them things that they could never have otherwise!  We saw them a year ago for a total of maybe 2 hours on 2 separate days.  Yesterday, Alyssa and I got the chance to see them again!  They were standing together with both sets of twins eagerly waiting on us!  You should have seen their faces light up when they saw us walk in!  It felt almost as good as when I come home from a trip and my family sees me for the first time.  Last year the kids cried most of the time but finally let us pick them up.  They are much bigger this year!  No crying, but they still wouldn’t open up and play with us much.  The boys like cars, and the girls like baby dolls, and they all like soccer and kicking balls-sounds like our own kids right! 
So we decided to build a house for the needier family.  Single mom whose husband was killed in the earthquake with 6 kids including the twins which are the youngest.  They are living in a tent with sticks for walls with sacks and cardboard supporting it.  I asked this mom what we could pray about for her and what she said floored me.  She said, “What you see with me is what I deserve”.  Meaning God has given her everything she needs and she doesn’t need anything more!  I thought to myself this is crazy, here is a woman raising 6 kids by herself with no money and no job to provide for them all, living in a tent, saying she is content with what God has given her!  I know I don’t deserve all the blessings God has given me which makes me all the more thankful for them.  Talk about a woman who definitely deserves a home!  What an experience.  It makes me want to give more and more of what I have away!  Thank you so much Clown Peds for helping change the lives of these 2 families!  I will post pictures when I get back.  It isn’t a mansion by any means, no bathroom or kitchen, just 2 rooms with a solid roof and earthquake proof construction that is safe and THEIRS!
I am humbled and blessed to be a part of Lifeline here in Haiti.
Be in prayer for clinics which will start on Monday!
In Him,
Jeremy
PS. Audio Adrenaline was on our flight here.  They are making a documentary about their orphanage called “Hands and Feet” based off their song!  Check it out online.

No comments:

Post a Comment