Friday, January 6, 2012

Bumpy Road

I have so many thoughts going through my mind that it is hard to know what to focus on. I suppose you will get the "female version" of our experience during this post. I have been on an emotional roller coaster since we left. I finally feel like I have adjusted to life in Cambodia after leaving our kids half way around the world and worrying about mosquitos and lizards. We left Battambang today to travel to Phnom Penh. My heart just broke to leave the girls at the Culinary Learning Center. There are 6 girls who are in training, 4 of which come from orphanages in the area. They couldn't stop smiling and kept asking me when we were coming back. It took all my might to hold back my tears. One of them brought Whitney and I gifts today. Whitney received socks because she was wearing her tennis shoes without socks and she thought that her feet might get cold.(It is currently their cold season-70-80degrees). I received a flowered hair barrette and I have to say it is something that I will cherish as much as my diamond earrings. We came to give to them and here they are giving to us. It is so hard to communicate because of the language barrier that I find myself praying instantly for each person I come in contact with.I know these girls will be in my prayers forever.

We made it to Phnom Penh after a 5 hour road trip on not so smooth pavement. Alan and Katy rode back with us. they are a husband and wife team from Common Ground Church in Indianapolis who just moved here 4 months ago. What an inspiration they are to us. I know God will continue to bless their decision to live among the Cambodian people. Tomorrow we will visit the women who make the Tavi products and meet the girls who are part of the Daughter's Project. I am excited to put faces to the stories as well.

God is definately at work here and I am honored that he has chosen to use us this week. It will be exciting to see how he uses this adventure in our "story".

All for HIM,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment