Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We made it home safely and what a joy it was to see our own children. We have been truly blessed to be able to be their parents. Within two hours of being back, we were off in 10 different directions. We try to limit our kids activites to 1 each and even with that, I think tonight was the first night that they all occured in the same evening. Of course it happens to be immediately after we get back. I suppose it will be good that tomorrow we can sit down with them and tell them about our adventure after we have had a full night's rest.

Everyone seems to ask what we missed the most. Well, Jeremy made a bee line for McDonald's and I headed for the pizza. We are pathetic aren't we? (Now you know what our New Year's Resolutions were) Also, I don't think we could get in the shower quick enough. Not that we didn't bathe while we were there, but there is something about your own shower and bed. But I have to admit, that when I WAS in my shower, I couldn't help but think about the people that I had just met. I'm sure that over half of the people that I saw have never even had a "shower". Maybe a bath in the river or even a sponge bath with a bowl of water, but not a warm shower with running water over your head. I was also thankful that I wasn't worried about getting bit my mosquitos anymore. Between the mosquitos and geckos, I realized that I would NEVER make it on Survivor! I appreciated my cozy home(with just an occasional mouse). Amazing what things we take for granted! We are blessed!!!

I hope you have enjoyed some of our posts. As we get settled back in our routine, we will post some pictures and give you some after thoughts. May the Lord bless YOU as you have been compassionate and supportive to US!

~Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment