Thursday, January 12, 2012

NOW WHAT???

I seem to be waking up at 4am every day. As I lay there in my bed, I can't help but think that it is 4pm in Cambodia. I wonder what the girls are doing at that moment. I picture the children going to buy food from the small vendors on the streets. I pray for the people from the US who have devoted their lives to them. I am deep in thought. I think "Now what"? There is no way to be able to see all the things that I have seen and then just ignore it. I know I was given this experience for a reason. No, I cannot change the world, or even the entire country for that matter, but I can help just ONE person. I think about a post from the CGI blog yesterday about the starfish(you can find it at http://www.centerforglobalimpact.org/). So for those of you who ask, YES I will be back, but in the mean time.... I want to help from here.

For starters, Jeremy and I will be having an open house on January 28th from 5pm-8pm. All are welcome!!! We will have pictures and stories from our trip along with some of the products made by the women in Cambodia that you can purchase.(Purses, scarves, ties, etc). We will have snacks, visit, and even have a 50/50 raffle to help raise funds for some of the needs that are on our hearts. So please, spread the word and bring a friend...we would LOVE to have you join us! Feel free to bring your entire family. You can email me at jlroscoe4@att.net if you need directions to our home.  Hope to see you there!
~Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment