Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Roof


If you haven’t read the book, “The Roof”, then you should.  It is the story of how Dr. Doug Harty and Dr. Bill Rutherford (Dr. Doug and Dr. Bill around here) came down to Haiti after the earthquake in 2010.  On top of the main building where we sleep and eat is a flat roof where you can hear the sounds of Haiti and get a beautiful view of the stars and sky at night.  That is where we have devotions at night and then hang out to talk and share stories.  Dr. Harty posted his blog and e-mailed folks from around the world from the roof.  This has truly been the highlight of my trip so far!  Hearing Doug and Bill recount the stories of years past on the mission field, the good, bad, and ugly, has been inspiring.  Many of the people on this mission trip also came down shortly after the Quake.   I feel like I have wasted the last 15 years of my life by not being on the mission field. I have all the same excuses that you do.  I pray that God will break down those barriers that keep us from supporting the Great Commision- to take the Gospel to Jerusalem(Greenwood), Judea(Indiana), Samaria(US), AND TO THE UTTERMOST PARTS OF THE EARTH!  There are many ways to get involved- go, pray for a missionary, support one financially, help raise money for one, support a child monthly, tell others about opportunities.  I asked God for wisdom to help me know where and how I can get involved along with Jaime.  He has more than abundantly blessed me with relationships with those who are doing and have been doing missions for 20+ years.  I am constantly getting ideas and advice about how God can use me for His Glory.  Thanks for your prayers!  Lift up the Haitian people and pray for revival to continue.  The Gospel has spread even more in Haiti since the Earthquake.  I am amazed at how thankful people are that God spared their life even though their house and family members were destroyed and killed.  They don't complain about their circumstances.  Instead they are thankful for what God has provided.  We can all take a lesson from that!

For Him,

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment